Mary M. Scott Shipwreck
Also known as the Sandpiper, this 100 foot-long wreck is the bottom of a schooner that was laden with iron ore from Marquette, MI.The canal schooner went ashore November 2, 1870. She was named for the wife of one of her owners. The ship was 138 feet long, 26 feet wide, with a depth of 11 feet and weighed 361 tons. The wreck lies approximately 500 feet off the Sand Point channel buoy in about 15 feet of water amid constantly shifting sand.
Location: 46 27'54" north and 86 36'37" west.